'With servants and slaves,' Miral said bitterly,
and then the words began to pour out. 'The man
who will be my husband won't look at me and I
have yet to meet anyone who isn't a slave or a
servant or who hasn't been paid to make me
clothes or...' the word s caught in her throat and
Miral drew a deep breath to calm herself. ' I have
traveled to a foreign country, learned to speak a
foreign language and been sold into marriage to
spare my people from future wars and the only
people I have to speak to are servants and slaves.'
pg. 44, The Coming of the Queen.
and then the words began to pour out. 'The man
who will be my husband won't look at me and I
have yet to meet anyone who isn't a slave or a
servant or who hasn't been paid to make me
clothes or...' the word s caught in her throat and
Miral drew a deep breath to calm herself. ' I have
traveled to a foreign country, learned to speak a
foreign language and been sold into marriage to
spare my people from future wars and the only
people I have to speak to are servants and slaves.'
pg. 44, The Coming of the Queen.
₪
No comments:
Post a Comment